Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bunkum and/or Twaddlefest

My friend and fellow camper Joe is an interesting guy. He shares the same weird obsessions with odd gear. I've fixed thing in his car, he's pointed me to cool stuff and given me good gear advice.

The best thing he has done is invited me to his campouts. They are an odd collection of people, or a collection of odd people, take your pick. I'll introduce a few here. For instance:

John La Torre

On the Left. He builds his own mandolins, and has written the definitive book on making tents for the SCA crowd.
He drives a very impressive Dormobile, and is likely the only guy I have seen who sues his closet the way it was meant to be used - to hang clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing, The Squirrel

I have another VW. I know it's a sickness. I'm cutting and pasting the post that I put on the samba: The Back story: My grandpare...