Thursday, June 23, 2011

Classic Vendors of Irvine

One of the reasons you go to a car show is for the "stuff". Not the cars, but the extra junk. Parts, art, crafts, things, baubles, doo-dads, rare things, toys, shirts, whatever. They are all just as much a part of the show as the vehicle.

The Irvine classic had it's own special brand of vendors. These guys were making brand new engine blocks out of their own special aluminium.

And these guys have been improving baja bugs with over engineered suspension systems.
Here is a complete SO 22 camper interior for sale.

and if you need a canvas bag to hold all your junk, here are a couple for sale.
There is always some guy with dash plaques, key chains, and some rarities. This particular one has some items that would be illegal in Germany.






Here's a lady who was making purses and wallets out of seat cover material.




Perhaps you don't like your friends, then I suggest that you put them in an uncomfortable seat like this one.



And in case you don't have enough toys:


There a plenty more on my flickr site. Coming up next, my Maupin trip.

1 comment:

  1. How much do they get for those aluminum Type I blocks?
    Alright,
    Mitch.

    ReplyDelete

Introducing, The Squirrel

I have another VW. I know it's a sickness. I'm cutting and pasting the post that I put on the samba: The Back story: My grandpare...