Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kelley Park 2012

The Golden Gate Chapter of the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America has been hosting the Kelley Park show in San Jose for (ihavenoidea) of years. It's a show I have always wanted to attend, the best and brightest of the VW scene are there every year.

I had camped out with the Syncros the previous night, so it wasn't that far a drive up to San Jose. I think part of the fun of going to shows like this is meeting the people in line. I was waiting in line behind this guy.






People shine their vehicles to mirrors for this show.

It's a well organized show - they try to keep cars in the same class parked together.





I liked driving through this crowd so I could park Red with the rest of the Bay windows.




There was this couple, observant people will notice the picture of a certain Camper Family bus on the side. It's big and it's blue.




Pristine. Seriously



Red was cleaned up, and looking good enough for people to pose with it.
More Pictures can be found here



Also in attendence was Carole of Yes we can camper van.


I met the usual group of fine VW folk, Mark Merrill was there again winning awards, I took home one of my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing, The Squirrel

I have another VW. I know it's a sickness. I'm cutting and pasting the post that I put on the samba: The Back story: My grandpare...