Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Where the hell have I been?

Certainly not here. I've been focused on other projects to do much blog updates, or many VW adventures. It's been a weird year so far. So rather than spending too much time apologizing, let's just get to work. Feel free to chastise me in the comments.


Del Valle!

Outside of Livermore is a small regional park. It has a man-made reservoir and several circles for car camping. Our group likes to use it for short weekend campouts - it's close, yet just far enough. This was a good excuse for me to bust out the Tent of Awesome.


It was spring, green, and there were plenty of pretty things to walk around and look at.
Some of that walking could be done with very short legs.





And if walking isn't your style, there is always keeping warm and drinking a beer.



For your consideration, a 40 year difference study. As much as I love mine, I fully understand the appeal of  air conditioning and modern amenities. I suspect if I had a kid, I would look at my car a little differently. But since I don't, I'm preferable to the older design.



Here's another study of two different packing methods.

Modern:



Vintage:



As usual with my VW camping crew, it was a mellow assembly, excellent food, and camping fire happiness.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing, The Squirrel

I have another VW. I know it's a sickness. I'm cutting and pasting the post that I put on the samba: The Back story: My grandpare...