Friday, August 19, 2011

Bus Fest 7 - Vallejo

Two years ago, I went to Bus Fest 5 in Vallejo. This guy was there with his family just beginning their trip across... across everything apparently. Read it, there are two years of wonderful stories and enviable experiences.

The bus fest is a smallish event, and has the usual crowd of familiar faces, but there is still nothing like being with like-minded bus nerds (yeah, I said it) and talking tech with them.

Occasionally, one of us does something neat with their vehicles. This guy has lots of fun playing around with leather details.
I'm happy to say that the Gnome Bus did not get sold, and the owners are still happily driving it:

What is it about Bus owners and vintage bikes? (and for that matter, vintage lanterns, and campstoves, and coolers, and... oh, never mind, I think I just answered my own question...)



And as I was packing up and leaving, I heard my name being called out on the Mic. Apparently, my bus won Best Camper. Awesome!


1 comment:

  1. Best Camper! Congratulations. That shelf above the windshield is a cool idea. Vintage is just cool. Everything is plastic and mass produced these days. Something about real metal and primitive parts...

    ReplyDelete

Introducing, The Squirrel

I have another VW. I know it's a sickness. I'm cutting and pasting the post that I put on the samba: The Back story: My grandpare...